To the Tribunal:
These are the submissions of the respondent with respect to the motion of the Canadian Association for Free Expression Inc. to open the Tribunal hearings on March 25, 2008 to the public.
The respondent supports this motion and would have made his own motion for such an order if the interested party had not done it first. If necessary, this letter should be considered a co-motion with that of CAFÉ Inc. for an order opening the hearing to the public.
I had written to counsel for the Commission on
The Commission invoked s. 37 of the Canadian Evidence Act last
It is the submission of the respondent, as it was last
Because of the nature of section 13, which defines expression of the emotion “hate” as discriminatory, any hearing under this law involves strong emotions. Ironically, a law against “hate” ends up promoting the creation of “hate” by polarizing people on issues and feeding grievances on both sides.
No one has suffered more that the respondent in this respect. He has been attacked, his car vandalized; he has been followed in a threatening manner. But he has no choice but to continue with these hearings to defend himself.
Our courts are kept open to the press and to the public because that is the only way to keep the system accountable. This rule should be followed in this case, one which involves very important issues of fundamental rights.
The respondent requests that the Tribunal revisit this matter and open the hearings to the public.
It is hoped that the Commission will re-consider its position on this matter.
- March 25th Lemire Tribunal hearing to be a SECRET HEARING!
- MP Keith Martin wants Mar. 25 tribunal hearing opened to public
- MACLEANS: Stalinist Tyranny in Canada: Dirty tricks of the Canadian Human Rights Commission exposed
- Canadians Demand Public hearings on March 25 for CHRC testimony on Internet spying operations
- MARK STEYN: Macleans Delegation wants to attend March 25 Lemire CHRT hearing!
- EZRA LEVANT: A Secret Trial
- CHRC Spying/Infiltration Operations Exposed
Biased and Unfair TRUTH is NO Defence 100% Convictions Lifetime Speech bans
Censors ... HANDS OFF THE INTERNET!
Stop Section 13: http://www.stopsection13.com/