Ezra Levant recently broke the story that yet another
This time is a letter by Gary Lunn, the Conservative
The letter from Gary Lunn is available online here
Here is Ezra Levant’s article:
Another cabinet minister criticizes Canadian Islamic Congress, CHRC
Last week Jason Kenney, the cabinet minister and secretary of state for multiculturalism, criticized the Canadian Human Rights Commission for its abusive procedures and its substantive violations of Canadians' freedom of expression. He used words like "dangerous" and "illiberal".
Strange that Levants “two-step plan” doesn’t include having the law declared unconstitutional, which is the most likely outcome, with an election always looming and the knee-jerk Conservatives too scared to even publicly comment on Dr.
The Canadian Human Rights Tribunal
Active and Past cases: 46 | Cases the tribunal ruled on: 37
· NOT A SINGLE respondent have ever won a section 13 case
· 98% of cases have poor or working class respondents
· 90.7% of respondents are not represented by lawyers
· $99,000 has been awarded in fines and special compensation since 2003.
· 35 respondents have lifetime speech bans (Cease and Desist) orders and if not followed the victims could face up to 5 years in prison.
Groups, Writers and
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (Rex
CDN Association of Journalists
B'nai Brith Jewish Tribune
David Warren (Ottawa Citizen)
Constitutional Challenge of Section 13