It is now just two days until the Federal Court of Canada hearing in the Marc Lemire case, which will review the constitutionality of Section 13 (internet censorship). In 2009 the Canadian Human Rights Tribunal acquitted Marc Lemire and threw out the censorship provisions of the Canadian Human Rights Act. The Canadian Human Rights Commission is seeking judicial review of the Tribunal’s decision. After 2 years, the hearing is finally taking place in the Federal Court. This hearing will determine if the Internet will continue to be censored by the out of control fanatics at the CHRC.
Here is all the background information on the case and how the follow the hearing on the Internet. The hearing will be live blogged on the Freedomsite and via Twitter. Discussions on the case are going to be hosted on Twitter also.
December 13 and 14, 2011
Federal Court of Canada
180 Queen Street West
Starts 9:30am daily.
LIVEBLOGGING OF THE HEARING:
You can follow the hearing via the internet at the following sites:
· TWITTER: Marc_Lemire
· Freedomsite: http://www.freedomsite.org
· StopSection13: http://www.StopSection13.com
Discussions of the hearing at:
· TWITTER: #Section13
· FreeDominion: http://www.freedominion.ca
JUDGE OF HEARING:
The hearing will be presided over by Mr. Justice Richard Mosley. (Contrary to incorrect information reported in the media)
PROPOSED SCHEDULE OF HEARING:
The schedule is not written in stone, but it appears that on Tuesday Dec 13th it will be the CHRC and the Section 13 supporters. On Wednesday Dec 14th it will start off with Lemire, and then groups opposed to Section 13 censorship.
1. CHRC Submissions on Appeal
2. Groups supporting the CHRC
a. B’nai Brith Canada
Canadian Jewish Congress (according to the National Post they are not attending)
c. Friends of the Simon Wiesenthal Centre
d. African Canadian Legal Clinic
3. Richard Warman in support of the CHRC
4. Marc Lemire
5. Groups supporting Lemire
a. BC Civil Liberties Association
b. Canadian Civil Liberties Association
c. Canadian Free Speech League
d. Canadian Association for Free Expression
6. Reply submissions of the CHRC (Applicant)
SUBMISSIONS OF THE PARTIES:
These are the Factums of the main parties. They set out the legal arguments of each group and their requests of the Court.
· Lemire Memorandum of Fact and Law [A must read!]
· Written Representations of the Canadian Free Speech League
· CHRC's Memorandum of Fact and Law
You can get a professionally printed copy of the Lemire Memorandum of Fact and Law, which is reprinted in the book: Dismantling Tyranny.
PARTIES INVOLVED IN CASE:
- Marc Lemire: Originally charged in 2003 for allegedly “exposing” privileged minorities to “hatred and/or contempt”. Found innocent in 2009 but the censorship fanatics at the CHRC appealed the decision to the Federal Court. As of Dec 2011, Marc Lemire has been persecuted by the thought control fanatics for over 3,000 days and since 1977 is the only Canadian to ever win a Section 13 case
- Barbara Kulaszka: Civil Liberties lawyer who has represented Lemire for over 7 years. She is the only lawyer in Canada to ever win a Section 13 case. Barbara’s legal arguments have been published around the world, and she is very well respected by her peers. Known for her courage and legal skill.
- Margot Blight: Represents the Canadian Human Rights Commission. They appealed the decision.
- Douglas Christie: Long time barrister for freedom in Canada. Represented the very first victim of Sec. 13. Counsel for the Canadian Free Speech League.
- British Columbia Civil Liberties Association: Civil lib association from BC. Tried to intervene in Lemire case during the “human rights” tribunal.
- Canadian Civil Liberties Association: Long time supporters for freedom of speech in Canada.
- Canadian Association for Free Expression: Also intervened during the Lemire tribunal.
- Canadian Jewish Congress, Simon Wiesenthal Centre, B’nai Brith: The Censorship Musketeers
· ‘African-Canadian’ Legal Clinic: Their lawyer was the former head of the Can Jewish Congress.
(Adobe PDF Format)
(Microsoft Word Format)
FLYER: Stop Section 13: Federal Court Appeal Dec 2011
HOW YOU CAN HELP OUT:
Fighting the fanatics at the Canadian "Human Rights" Commission and defending freedom of speech for ALL Canadians is not an easy task. The Canadian Human Rights Commission has endless money to keep their censorship franchise running. I have beaten the CHRC at the Canadian Human Rights Tribunal; and with your help, we will beat them once and for all at the Federal Court of Canada as well! I cannot carry on this important fight alone. Your donations literally equal the survival of this case. No organizations are assisting with the bill at all. As you know, I don’t send out a newsletter monthly asking for help. I only send them out when I have exhausted all my resources and really need your help to continue. This is one of those times! I currently have a large amount of bills and expenses to fight this case, and really need your help to continue. We are on the verge of beating the CHRC for good!
Send your cheque or money order to:
762 Upper James St
Or donate online at: http://www.stopsection13.com/support.html
BOOK ON THE MARC LEMIRE CASE
The Marc Lemire Case
Dismantling Tyranny: The Marc Lemire Case, details the upcoming battle at the Federal Court of Canada over Canada’s shameful internet censorship legislation – Section 13 of the Canadian “Human Rights” Act. After a 6 year legal fight, in September 2009 I was the first person in the history of Canada to win a Section 13 case at the Canadian Human Rights Tribunal. The Tribunal found me innocent of allegedly “exposing” privileged minorities “to hatred and/or contempt” and found the law under which I was hauled before the Tribunal as unconstitutional under Canada’s laws. The fanatical censors at the CHRC – caring little about tax-payers money – appealed the Tribunal decision to the Federal Court of Canada, in a lame attempt to keep their censorship franchise afloat.
Dismantling Tyranny details exactly what is wrong with Section 13 and Internet censorship. It is a broad look at how the dirty side of censorship really works, from the suppression of freedom of speech (which the CHRC considers an “American concept”) to spying on Canadians. This 80 page book covers the facts of censorship from both a legal and moral position and is a must read for anyone that has been following the utter fall from grace these disgusting censors so richly deserve.
Dismantling Tyranny is available in paperback and Ebook formats. You can order online from one of the mainstream book distributors like Amazon.com or Lulu.com or directly from me. If you want a copy of the book prior to the December 13-14 Federal Court hearing, order it directly from me via my website. You can get either a professionally printed paperpack, or a copy in Adobe PDF format. For the paperback version, I send them out nightly, and if you get your order in soon, you should be able to have it prior to the hearing. If you order the Ebook format, it will be emailed to you within a few hours.
Order a copy of the book online at: http://www.freedomsite.org/legal/dismantling_tyranny.html
Follow the case live at:
Legal arguments from the Marc Lemire case before the Federal Court of Canada. Marc Lemire is the only Canadian in history to ever beat the Canadian Human Rights Commission and in Sept 2009 won his case when Section 13 of the Canadian Human Rights Act (Canada's shameful censorship legislation) was found to be unconstitutional. This booklet covers the December 2011 appeal by the fanatical censors at the CHRC to the Federal Court of Canada
Paperback: $15.00 | Order now
Dec. 13-14, 2011
Toronto, Ontario [..more]
FLYER ON CASE: